Chromebooks are a unique class of mobile computing devices, designed specifically for Web-based tasks. They differ from traditional laptops in a few important ways:
Unlike traditional PC laptop applications, Chromebooks does not run on them but it run Web-based apps. It connects directly to the internet and you can modify or edit your documents and spreadsheets or edit photos on a Chromebook using Google apps designed for these purposes. Files you are creating with Chromebook can be viewable on cloud-based applications like Microsoft's Office web apps. Likewise, all your files are stored on cloud, not on hard drive or on storage devices.
To make Acer C720 Chromebook thin and light, they are built without large-capacity drives. So instead of storing your documents, videos, and photos on your computer, you save them to Google Drive (Google's Cloud-based storage service). Your files will be stored on cloud storage, so you can access your files, videos, photos from anywhere in the world. You just have to login to your Google account and you would have access to all your stored files.
Acer C720 Chromebook Spec & Features
- 11.6" Anti-Glare HD Widescreen LED-backlit Display
- Intel® Celeron® Processor 2955U (1.4GHz, 2MB L3 cache)
- Haswell micro-architecture
- Google Chrome Operating System
- 16GB SSD Drive
- 2048MB DDR3L SDRAM Memory
- Intel® HD Graphics with 128MB of dedicated system memory
- Acer InviLinkTM NplifyTM 802.11a/b/g/n (MIMO Dual-Band 2.4Ghz & 5GHz) Wireless LAN
- Bluetooth 4.0
- Built-in HD Webcam
- Two built-in stereo speakers
- 1- USB 3.0 Port
- 1- USB 2.0 Port
- 1- HDMI™ Port
- Full-size Acer FineTip Keyboard
- Multi-Gesture Touchpad
- 3-Cell Li-Polymer Battery Up to 8.5-hours Battery Life
- 2.76 lbs.| 1.25 kg (system unit only)
Related Acer Laptops : Acer Aspire P3 Ultrabook & Acer Aspire ES1 15.6-Inch Laptop
All your files and folders would be stored & backed up automatically online, safely and securely. Plus enjoy 100 GB of free storage on Google Drive for two years.